Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Coaching School

This last week we traveled with Eric to coaching school in Austin.  This is an annual conference for Texas High School Coaches. I have gone one time with Eric, last time it was in Austin, and he prefers to take me with him. This year since I was nursing Eleri, she had to come, and then he felt bad leaving Mali so we all just came along.  Here is a summary of our trip, and unfortunately I have NO pictures to capture the moments in time.
People we Saw (or happened to run into):
  • Carrie, Dan, Luke, and Claire McCullough
  • Andrea and Matt
  • John, Katie, Ashlyn, and Paige Bimmerlee
  • Kisha and Josh (MiMi and Papa too)
  • Amarillo High Coaching Staff (of course)
  • Brittany, Dan and Teague Arlitt (Sad we missed seeing Troy)
  • Kathryn Bixler (She was in Brandon's grade in Ouray and we ran into her at the bridge on Congress and watched the bats with her)
  • Aaron McNeely (nine30 alum and bass player; I ran into him in our hotel lobby the last morning)
Great food we ate:
  • Joe T Garcia's in Ft. Worth
  • America's Best Coffee
  • Spaghetti Warehouse
  • Chuy's!!!!!
  • Rio Grande
  • Rio Grande
  • Eddie V's Riverside Grill (that was an experience that wasn't so great)
Things we lost:
  • My camera (hence no pictures of the trip)
  • Eric's credit card that all expenses were going on since the school reimburses them
  • Mali's 1 hour old stuffed animal
Miles traveled:
  • Amarillo to McCullough's home in Arlington, TX  359 miles
  • McCullough home to Joe T's in Ft. Worth-30 miles round trip
  • McCullough home to PGA superstore in Frisco-36.9 miles
  • Frisco to downtown Austin-220 miles
  • Hotel to outlets in Round Rock, lunch at Chuy's and back to hotel-42 miles round trip
  • Austin to Amarillo- 513 miles
Things that we saw or experienced (some numbers may be an estimation):
  • 1001 bats
  • 26 wind mills
  • 3 dead animals
  • 30 outlets stores
  • 127 cows, horses, goats, and sheep
  • 1 golf course
  • 1 4ft swimming pool
  • 2 cozy queen beds
  • 3 poopy diapers
  • 1 new DVD player
  • 3-times we watched/heard "Tinkerbell"
  • 4-times we watched/heard "Horton Hears a Who"
  • 6 spankings and 7 time outs 
  • 16-ounces of Starbuck's decaf Cinnamon Dolce Latte's that I enjoyed each morning in our lobby!
  • $5-cost of two buttons created by a deaf artist depicting the bats at Congress bridge.
  • 21-average minutes of Eleri's naps during our trip.
  • $21.65-cost of a new blankie for Mali
  • 0 minutes of crying and complaining....way to go sweet girls!!!
  • $$$ amount of money spent on a good family trip with lots of memories, although I need to add some dollar signs now that my lost, but found, camera is officially inoperable!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Good summary! I can't believe you did not hit the Cheesecake Factory, Kerbey Lane, or Papasito's. I also can't believe there were only 3 poopy diapers. Abby can manage that in one day!

Brie said...

I mentioned Cheesecake Factory to Eric, but it didn't sink in I guess!:) We also ended up eating downtown most of the time, but I would've traded our last dinner for one of those. I know about the poopy diapers, that's why I had to include that!:)

Chris and Debbie said...

That's great that you could make a family vacation out of it! It seems like a great, fun-filled time! You did A LOT! How fun that you ran into someone from Ouray! I don't think I would even recognize her.